* 2 Eggs
*1 1/2 cup of sugar
*1 1/2 cup of white flower
*baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
*one cup of apple juice
* Sliced almonds – 30 gms
*Apple sauce – 350 gms
*Orange marmalade – 2 tsp
For the filling:
Apple – 1
Blanched almond, roasted and chopped – 130 gms
Orange marmalade – 4 tbsp
Egg white - 1
Method :Method for the filling:
Grate unpeeled apple.
Mix apple, almonds and marmalade
Lightly beat egg white and mix into apple
mixture. Keep aside.
Method for the cake:
Line the base of a 20 cm round cake tin with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until light and thick. Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Fold into egg mixture, alternately with orange juice. Spoon half the mixture into tin.
- Spoon over filling, spreading to cover cake mixture.
- Spread remaining cake mixture over the filling.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake at180° C for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Mix apple sauce and orange marmalade together.
- Serve cake warm or cold with apple sauce