¼ cup mustard paste
5 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 chicken (1 ½ kilo approximately)
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
oil to fry
- Mix yogurt, mustard, and little salt (2 teaspoons approximately), half teaspoon of ground mustard, and half teaspoon of chili powder.
- Wash chicken and cut in eight pieces. Season with mixture of yogurt and put in the refrigerator from one day to three.
- Mix flour, baking powder, chopped garlic and the rest of the salt, pepper, ground mustard and chili powder until all get even.
- Remove chicken pieces and keep stock stuck to them as much as possible, then put in the flour mixture.
- Roll chicken pieces in seasoned flour mixture until covered completely. Set aside for an hour, and turn occasionally.
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat of 350 F.
- Remove chicken pieces, dust excess flour and put in hot oil for 8 minutes on one side.
- Remove from oil and place on kitchen towel paper or a metal rack to get rid of excess oil.
- Serve hot with mash potatoes, cabbage salad and carrots.